March 26, 2014

What's Oil Pulling?

Seriously, Wtf is Oil Pulling? 

So, You've probably heard of this new trend called "oil pulling." Which is endorsed by celebs the likes of Shailene Woodley and Gwyneth Paltrow. If you're anything like me then you're probably wondering what exactly this is because it doesn't sound pleasant. I'm willing to try anything once and if it is supposed to improve my health i'll give it a shot. 

Things to know:  
  • Oil Pulling is quite simply swishing water in your mouth. 
  • You have to gargle for at least 20 minutes. 
  • You need one tablespoon of pure oil like sesame or coconut oil. 
  • It is supposed to whiten your teeth, clear up your skin, give you better breath, and relief from migraines. 
  • It is advised you do it in the morning after brushing your teeth. 

The verdict: 
After trying this once I don't think I would do it again!  20 minutes of gargling oil felt like an eternity and it made me want to gag. Thumbs down to this latest beauty trend! 

Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm not sure whether I'd enjoy doing this haha!
    Check out all of the Coachella fashion at www.lovefromsimmie.com ❤
    Kisses XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see. There's a lot of debate about it already. I did this once and never did it again. Haha
    But yes, it has its own advantages. I have read articles on the same from big corporate people to indian yogis.
    There's something about it. But not our cup of tea. Haha XOXO
    Western dresses Online India

    ReplyDelete

I love reading All of your comments and they are truly appreciated! xoxo