Seriously, Wtf is Oil Pulling?
So, You've probably heard of this new trend called "oil pulling." Which is endorsed by celebs the likes of Shailene Woodley and Gwyneth Paltrow. If you're anything like me then you're probably wondering what exactly this is because it doesn't sound pleasant. I'm willing to try anything once and if it is supposed to improve my health i'll give it a shot.
Things to know:
- Oil Pulling is quite simply swishing water in your mouth.
- You have to gargle for at least 20 minutes.
- You need one tablespoon of pure oil like sesame or coconut oil.
- It is supposed to whiten your teeth, clear up your skin, give you better breath, and relief from migraines.
- It is advised you do it in the morning after brushing your teeth.
After trying this once I don't think I would do it again! 20 minutes of gargling oil felt like an eternity and it made me want to gag. Thumbs down to this latest beauty trend!
Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?